So my great grandfather, Momma's grandpa, wrote this book. It has no actual title so I just call it Great Grandpa's story. It's basically the story of his life. Momma told me to make it brief so here's my attempt at brief.
George Woodruff was born in Paris, Texas on February 6, 1921 to George Nathanial Woodruff and Niece Viola Woodruff. He joined the Navy in 1941, got married in 1944 to Dorthy, had his first kid, Freddie Woodruff, in 1947, his second in 1949, Georgia, his third, my grandmother Cheri, in 1952, and his last child, Jill, in 1956. He traveled the world, went to Disneyland, had 14 grandchildren, my mom included, and never thought he did anything of interest. I would just like to say he was flat out wrong.
Since this is part of my family history I give this book a 5 out of 100. But if it was not family history I'd say a 55. Though that was just an extremely short sum up, my grandfather did a lot of cool things, he just never realized it.
No comments:
Post a Comment